3.27.2015

[TRANS] 150318 Yoona's Interview for CeCi Magazine April 2015 Issue

150318 Yoona's Interview for CeCi Magazine April 2015 Issue 


Q1: You are finally graduating tomorrow (The photoshoot session that day was on Feb 23), I will congrats you in advance, what is your thoughts a day before your graduation?
A1: I want to say “I am finally graduating ah” (Laugh), time passes really very fast, even though there are a portion that is not as fulfilling as compared to my other classmates, but i still do feel really excited to be able to graduate like this. 


Q2: As a celebrity, it seem tough to attend school at the same time.
A2: Rather than saying it is tough for me, i feel even bad towards the other students that attended classes with me. Sometimes students from the next class will come over, and it causes some inconvenience for the ongoing lesson. Towards students who were listening to lessons attentively, i really feel bad.

Q3: Are there any regrets as a university student in the past 6 years?
A3: Just like back in junior and high school, even though i tried very hard wanting to blend in with my other classmates, it was not possible, so this is what i regretted most. Because of my schedules, there is almost no chance for me to get closer with my classmates.  (Ceci: Even attending MT (Membership Training) is difficult for you right?)  I did attend an event called 级数 Day (t/l note: sorry don’t know what it means) with my faculty classmates, and i had beautiful memories, at that time i told my classmates they have to call me along if there are such gatherings next time, but still i wasn’t able to join due to my schedules, even up till now, i felt regretful that i am unable to make even more friends.

Q4: From January onwards, you have been filming in China for drama series ‘God of War Zhao Yun’, how is life in China?
A4: Before heading to China, I was very worried, i totally have no idea what i should bring over, how i should adapt over there, but when i experience it myself it was not that bad. As for environment it was needless to say, because the actors/actresses i am filming with treated me really well, i get close with them really fast, and i also adapted well. One of my worries was my everyday meals there, but it was later proven that my worries are for nothing, they are really delicious (Laugh)

Q5: This is your first drama overseas, it is also the first time you take up a period drama.
A5: Because i have not played in any period dramas before, even i couldn’t imagine how i would play the role, i was worried if i am able to bring out traditional costumes and hairstyle and adapting in a foreign environment. However China period dramas are glamorous, the backdrop settings are beautiful. Under this kind of atmosphere, the reviews from the staffs around me was better than i thought, i felt really lucky (Laugh). On top of that, this drama is adapted from history, so i see the need to do my homework, even if i can’t do it to perfection, i still reread ‘History of the Three Kingdoms’ one more time.

Q6: What kind of person is ‘Xia Hou Qing Yi’ in the drama?
A6: She is the daughter of Xia Hou Jie, a clever and witty role. As the first love of Zhao Zilong, she is feminine and loveable. Sometimes she is also able to speak out her own views, it can be said she is a perfect woman with all the good things in her. 

Q7: I heard that you also wore male costumes for this drama
A7: It does appear in several scenes, i personally think wearing male costumes is prettier, and i felt satisfied with it (Laugh) (Ceci: What is the reason?) Maybe it is because this is a completely new image? Before that i always display a beautiful image, this time i play a manly role, i feel like i have found another side of me. For my previous dramas, didn’t i always play candy roles, even though this time it is just a small transformation, but it is refreshing and interesting.

Q8: Is there any opportunity of seeing YoonA doing martial arts?
A8: There will be some of it, but most of this is done by double… (Laugh)


MIDDLE WORDS: I feel like my luck this year is really good, different from my last drama, i need to put away my ambition and film God of War Zhao Yun with a relaxed mood. If i do it this way, will it be like what people around told me, there will be good results, i am thinking if this year will be it.

Q9: It feels like it will be tough sometimes working with local staffs in China
A9: I guess communication is the most difficult part. When i am exchanging lines on the script, the chinese actors/actressess will speak in mandarin, and i speak in korean, so i have to fully understand the lines of the other party. Even though there is translator with me, it is also very difficult to portray perfectly under the director’s instructions. I feel sorry that i am not able to understand many situations at one go, and we have to stop to discuss.

Q10: To YoonA, what do you think will stay after finishing filming for the drama?
A10: I will think its the friends thati know from the drama. I often told them to come to Korea to play, and we got really close within a short period of time. In the past i thought it will be nice to have actors/actresses of the same age, but having such chance is not easy. I am always with male actors, and i was the only girl. If not most of the time i am acting with sunbaes. So i always envy people who are able to share their problems with friends of the same age, i didn’t expect myself to be able to do so in China (Laugh)

Q11: Other than acting and singing, what is the next thing that you wish to challenge?
A11: Usually i really like to listen to Air ManGirl and other indie music, so i always have such thoughts, if an opportunity arises, on a fan meet or concert, or through album, i will like to try this type of genre. (Ceci: This is surprising) Actually R&B is not my cup of tea (Laugh)

Q12: Other than this type of unexpected taste in music, i am curious of what is the thing only people around you know, the real you.
A12: I have no idea myself too, sometimes i will act cute with my voice and actions unknowingly, i often hear from staffs said my aegyo is too “over” (Laugh) (Ceci: This is inborn right?) Even SNSD members also said that Sunny unnie used to be in charge of aegyo, but now i am the one who do aegyo the most. In the past, i did it to be funny, but now even if i don’t do it on purpose, it will come out naturally, so i guess it is real. But at that moment i didn’t think it is aegyo, because members will always tease me saying “If you keep doing this i will push you down the stairs” (laugh) so it didn’t got discovered. 

Q13: With your busy schedules, you must be under quite an amount of stress right.
A13: I am that type that as long as i get to rest at home properly i will be able to recharge my energy. If i have any troubles i will also discuss with friends around me, or talk to friends who i have known for 10 years and more. They are friends who really give me a lot of energy, there was a period of time i think i contacted them too frequently, so it was tough for them too. Isn’t there a line in the drama ‘Can We Get Married?’ which goes “Am i the rubbish bin for you to pour your emotions on?” it was probably to such extent (Laugh). So i have decided to limit myself a little bit.

Q14: Even though it is still a future far away, what kind of year do you wish 2015 to be when you look back?
A14: I hope it will be a year when many blissful things happen. (Ceci: Isn’t this what everyone wish for?) To me, 2015 is a fresh new start. For me, i take up my first ever China drama series, and i also gain good memories from it. I also wish to display a better self through SNSD album.

Q15: What kind of impression do you wish to leave in everyone’s hearts?
A15: Rather than just purely beautiful, i hope to be able to display a more and more charming self as i age. And also compared to “YoonA who does things well”, I hope it will be “YoonA who always work hard”

Cr: Chinese trans by yoonaya
Eng trans: mystarmyangel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Earn $$$ Now!