10.01.2014

[NEWS] 141001 Jessica Releases Statement on Her Departure from Girls’ Generation

[NEWS] Jessica Releases Statement on Her Departure from Girls’ Generation




Hello, this is Jessica.
On September 29th, I was notified by my company that I was being withdrawn from Girls’ Generation. I can’t hide my confused and upset heart, and want to express my position.

As a member of Girls’ Generation, I’ve put Girls’ Generation’s activities before my personal life and business. However, despite my hard work and dedication for the group, I was notified to leave the group by my company.

While planning my business that I’ve personally had lots of interest in for a while, I’ve sufficiently discussed things and sought understanding about my business with the SM company and members a number of times, from the beginning to recent times.
Early August, up until the launch of BLANC, I received consent and approval from SM about carrying out my business [alongside group activities]. I received congratulations from my members and started the business.

However, only one month after the launching, in early September, the members changed their positions and they called a meeting. After that, without proper reason, they requested for me to choose to either quit my business or to leave Girls’ Generation. I explained that I received permission from the company, I hadn’t neglected Girls’ Generation’s activities, and that I couldn’t end my business after one month of launching due to a contract with my business partner. As a result, I said that choosing is an unfair request.
Becoming a Girls’ Generation member has been the greatest thing in my life, and I never thought about quitting. I was taken aback, met with the company’s CEO on September 16th, and told them my position. The company’s consent regarding my running of the company [alongside group activities] was reconfirmed at this meeting.

However, on September 29th, I received a one-sided notification by the company to leave Girls’ Generation. Through that, I was not able to attend the fan meeting at Shenzhen, China that was planned for the next day, September 30th, and I’ve been excluded from all of Girls’ Generation’s activities thereafter.

More that anything, I’ve been hurt a great amount by my colleagues and the company that I spent over 15 years together with, pouring out my passion and affection, requesting that I leave Girls’ Generation because I’m running a business, and I cannot hide my regrettable feelings.

I want to apologize to the fans for making them worry. I would like for it to be understood that this situation is not what I wanted, and that I’ve always valued Girls’ Generation, and I always will. Thank you for always supporting and loving me unconditionally.

Source: dongA via Naver
Translated by: ch0sshi@soshified
Edited by: bhost909@soshified

No comments:

Post a Comment

Earn $$$ Now!